[KurdishLinux] Linux user possibly arriving in Erbil soon

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Thu Feb 23 13:55:52 CET 2012

Dear Francesco,

many thanks for your email, but for maximum response i recommend to post your
email into our public mailing list even if it is just a small list at the
time:

List address: kurdlug at linux-kurdistan.org

It would be nice to have some more kurdish linuxianers connected onto this LUG
list - may be you would recommend it to interested guys there. We still lookin
for a list moderator for this list. May be you meet someon who want to
overtake this from the kurds - as i'm currently not often in the country i
would not the best for this position i assume... If there are peoples
interested in a KURDLUG they are welcome to use our ISPs hosting
infrastructure as this list or some hostspace etc. - it is well connected to
manies of them who are still are feeded by satellite IP - so this would be a
perfect location.

Some years ago i was several times in Erbil, Suly, Dohuk and others by
business - i.e. as a linux admin for local ISPs and we served some of the
biggest with IP upstream by satellite - so i still know some peoples and
companies related to this, but at that time the interest in Linux was not very
high, except for ISP infrastructure - this may changes slowly but steadily now
there afaik.

best regards, greet some peoples from me and have a nice time in Erbil.

Niels.

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2012, 12:33:07 schrieben Sie:

--
 ---
 Niels Dettenbach